Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where Should I go?

I'm sure that everyone has experienced the time when you feel completely confused, lost, and down because of something. And it's really not a good feeling.

I am on my last year of senior high school. This is the time when students have already chose where they'd like to go to college and what major they want to take. I used to be so very certain that I'm going to study fine art at Bandung (on one of the most famous university in Indonesia >,<). I was very happy because I thought that I already know what I want to do in the future while lots of my friends still haven't decided yet. I have already pictured my future in Bandung and learn to paint, sculpt, and things like that. Things that I love to do.

But, life is not that simple. My mom decided that learning fine art = no job. I tried many many many times to convince my parents that I really want to learn fine art because it has been my dream and passion to be an artist since I was a little girl. I told them that fine art also has job opportunities like any other major. But unfortunately they did not believe me.

I have a friend that also wanted to study in Bandung. She applied and just a few days ago she got accepted :D (congrats!). Even though I'm super excited and proud of her, I really feel sad because I'd always imagined that I will be going to Bandung too with her. So now I have to say goodbye to my dream and find another future for me. I just hope that I'll like my life in college.

1 comment: